SugarWrap - Eco Cling Wrap 100% Compostable 30m x 33cm
or make 4 interest-free payments of $1.74 AUD fortnightly with More info
SugarWrap eco cling wrap is the first eco-friendly product of its kind. SugarWrap Compostable Cling Wrap is made from Corn based PLA, which is typically used for sealing food items to keep them fresh over a longer period of time. The SugarWrap range offers the same functional durability as regular petro-based plastics and is certified 100% Compostable in a domestic composting environment. The Bio-Plastic material will break down within 12-24 weeks.
- 100% home compostable
- Designed to be used out of the box. Easy to dispense with perforated portions.
- Perforated portions to keep the Eco Compostable Cling Wrap as eco-friendly as possible.
- Cling wrap that is durable and creates a great airtight seal.
- Perfect for preparing, cooking or storing meals.
- Store in a cool place.
- Microwavable – can be used to heat up or defrost food in the microwave as well as stores in the freezer.
- Food Safe – hygienically store food preventing contamination and food-borne illnesses.
- SugarWrap eco cling wrap is made from plant-based corn PLA which is great for you and great for the environment.
- Breaks down between 3-6 months
- 30 Metres x 30cm
Composting starts happening at approximately 25 degrees. We recommend storing SugarWrap Eco Compostable Cling Wrap in the fridge to avoid the cling wrap composting in the box.
Benefits and The Environment – Eco Cling Wrap
SugarWrap is one of the world’s first environmentally beneficial alternatives to everyday household plastic products. Using SugarWrap over regular plastic products is better for your family’s health and the environment. The SugarWrap range is a lightweight, high strength, durable and better-quality result than conventional plastic products. Turn your household environmentally friendly by substituting kitchen supplies with eco-friendly household products.
USING AND CUTTING YOUR COMPOSTABLE CLING WRAP
The cardboard package housing the cling wrap does not contain a metal tear strip. This cling wrap comes with perforated lines, when you pull the compostable cling film out of the cardboard box, it’s best to use the perforated lines as your guide to cutting the wrap. Pull the compostable cling wrap up (where you can visually see the perforation) towards the cardboard cut box. The cling wrap will easily tear away from the roll when cut at the correct location.
Alternatively remove the full roll of compostable cling wrap from the container, cover your bowl with the eco cling wrap and tear at the perforated line.
- Perfect for wrapping deli meats, baked items, cheese, fruit, vegetables, sandwiches and leftovers.
- Perforated 30cm film portions
Sugar Wrap compostable cling wrap is an environmentally friendly alternative to standard plastic cling film. Regular plastic cling film will not break down naturally in the environment.
Please note: This product is compostable certified EN13432. The compostable eco cling wrap passed the following tests in order to obtain its compostable certification:
- Product breaks down within 12 weeks in commercial compost, and 24 weeks in domestic compost conditions, including in a worm farm.
- After this period there were no harmful residues or toxins left behind.
- The product leaves behind a soil enhancer that helps to grow new plants.
- The product contains zero conventional plastic.