Wooly Mates – Wool Laundry Tumble Dryer Balls (6 pack)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $9.88 AUD fortnightly with More info
Wooly Mates Laundry Tumble Dryer Balls are handmade from triple felted from pure Australian wool.
- Reduce tumble drying time by 25%
- Save energy
- Save money
- Soften clothing and bedding
- Reduce static
- Reduce wrinkles
- Chemical free
- Handmade in Australia
You are also able to add a few drops of pure essential oil before popping them in the dryer to lightly scent your clothing.
These high quality wool balls will last for years. The pack of 6 Natural Cream Wool Tumble Dryer balls are approximately 7cms in diameter and come in a natural cotton drawstring bag.
Handmade in Australia by our very own Special Needs community in rural Victoria, Chemical free. Biodegradable.
100% AUSTRALIAN WOOL LAUNDRY TUMBLE DRYER BALLS
- Decrease drying time by up to 25% therefore decreasing energy use and cost.
- Decrease wrinkles and static in clothes therefore less to zero time ironing.
- No animals were harmed in any process of making our wool, all made from new materials.
- Does not harbour bacteria and is safe for people with sensitive skin, popular for cloth nappies, bamboo products & towels.
- A natural alternative to using toxic commercial dryer sheets or fabric softeners.
- Performance of dryer balls may vary depending on the make and model of the dryer.
- Each ball weights an average of 35g and all six balls are to be used together in each laundry load.
- As each ball is hand-crafted, characteristic differences may occur. Appreciate their uniqueness but be confident they all perform the same.
- Each set comes in a natural cotton drawstring bag with all you need to know, including directions ON the bag – perfect for gift giving or just to store them.
HOW TO USE YOUR DRYER BALLS:
- Simply place them in your dryer along with your wet, clean clothes and turn on your machine.
- Balls will pill, this is an indication they are working well. Feel free to remove the pills and continue. Or not.
- To naturally scent your clothes, add your choice of pure essential oils to each ball. You can even tailor the oil used to the load of washing being dried.
- When your balls are not in use, you may keep them inside the dryer cavity or place them back in the bag which they came in. Please avoid storing them in plastic.
- Efficiency of each set is good for 000’s of loads, once balls become dense/firm, it’s time for a new set.
- Recommended to use with natural fibres for best results, i.e. cotton, linen, hemp, bamboo, etc.
Why are Wooly Mates better than regular fabric softeners?
Regular fabric softeners may contain chemicals that are toxic to the environment and are dangerous for people with serious allergies (which are often triggered by these chemicals). Wooly Mates bounce around in your dryer and naturally create space between your laundry items, while the wool absorbs the moisture, allowing the hot air to circulate better, therefore reducing drying time. Finally, as wool absorbs 33% of its weight in water, only the outside layers of the dryer balls absorb the moisture, not through to the core, so they end up perfectly dry at the end of the cycle.
How many dryer balls do I need for each load of laundry?
It varies based on the size of your load of laundry and sometimes, but to lesser extent, on dryer model. For best results, use the Wooly Mates Buying Guide below. As a general rule, 6 Wooly Mates should be sufficient.
How long will my Wooly Mates last?
Your Wool Mates pure Australian wool dryer balls will last for years. Ours are still going after 5 years. Although, once they become small, dense and hard, you will know it is time to replace them
Why are Wooly Mates better than other rubber/plastic/tennis balls?
Rubber and plastic balls are made from very harsh chemicals including PVCs, which are released onto your laundry and into the air by the hot dryer air. Not only are these types of dryer balls dangerous to your health, they are toxic to the environment as well. Additionally, the harsh tumbling action of rubber, plastic, and tennis balls may damage your dryer’s sensitive electronic sensors. Finally, some of these types of balls may melt slightly and stain your laundry.
My Wooly Mates seem to shed fibres onto my black clothes
If you haven’t used your Wooly Mates yet, start by using them in drying loads like towels or multi colours. If however, you have already experienced this problem, pop your Wooly Mates into a quick wash with some clothes and then straight into the dryer afterwards. You may place the balls into a stocking or a thin sock. But be aware, they felt ever so slightly and you will need to “peel” them off. But this is absolutely not a problem, in fact it is part of the felting/fulling process
Having problems with static?
Static is created when clothes become “overdry”. So, even though static is tough to deal with, especially in the winter, there is definitely something you can do.
1. Stop dryer 10-15 minutes before end of the cycle.
2. Wet 1-2 Wooly Mates lightly, and toss it back in the dryer
3. Thread a metal safety pin through one of the balls to help “earth” out the static
4. Just like washing, you actually should be sorting your drying also. Keep natural fibres together and the synthetics together.
This helps reduce static since it prevents the air inside the dryer from becoming too dry, which creates more static.
I really love having a clean ‘smell’ on my clothes
Ohhhhh not a problem. Just add a drop or two of your favourite essential oil onto a ball or two, let it soak in, and away you go, scenting your clothes and your home as you dry
ABOUT WOOLY MATES AUSTRALIA
Anna Malcolm, founded Wooly Mates in the suburbs of rural Victoriain 2012 to help as many homes as possible protect their family’s health by providing a natural alternative to toxic fabric softeners and dryer sheets.
All Australian Grown. All Australian Made. All Australian Owned.