Organising and decluttering the Vanity!
There came a point where I got sick of knocking over bottles of nail polish, deodorant and scavenging for hair elastics. I then had… a ‘Sally Brainwave’…some may call this an epiphany, but I call it a NeatFreak/Neatspiration moment…lmao!!… anyway… I got a few cutlery trays for the Bathroom Vanity (the part under the sink), and my life is now soooo much easier!!! The little rows of the cutlery tray stop things falling over, make everything more clearly visible, and the best part is…it looks really cute and neat:)
But…to make this work…you need to declutter first!
Pull everything out of the draws and cupboard.
Clean the inside of your empty vanity.
Sort all items into categories. Teeth, Makeup, Body, Hair.
Now this is the big step. DECLUTTER!!!
• First throw out anything you will never use
• With the rest, only keep the items you ALWAYS use, and one of each. You don’t need to put back in 5 tubes of toothpaste, and 6 bottles of moisturiser
• Remove all cleaning products and store in another room
Find a place you can store your excess products, like the linen closet.
PUT EVERYTHING BACK!!!!
• I use the top draw for teeth stuff
• I use the second draw for makeup
• And Dean, my husband gets the third drawer…that’s it!!! lol
• On the top shelf inside the vanity I put moisturisers and face products
• On the bottom shelf, I put hair products and accessories
When you run out of something, go to your stock pile before the shops.
Try to leave the vanity top free of anything bar hand wash.
Have Fun, and Inspire your Inner Neat!