Cleaning your Pillows!
Sometimes I think we forget about washing our pillows…after all, isn’t washing the pillow case and pillow protector enough?
All pillows should be washed at least twice a year.
Here are my washing instructions tips!
These pillows are hypoallergenic and are highly resistant to mould and dust mites. Find out more about Dust Mites here.
But I still recommend giving them an air each time you wash your pillow case. Also give them a spritz of Eucalyptus Oil – as Eucalyptus Oil actually kills Dust Mites! You can get Eucalyptus Oil here.
Always follow care instructions with Latex pillows as you should not machine wash, soak or expose to direct… sunlight.
If you cannot find your Latex care instructions, here are some steps to follow…
· Fill container or sink with warm water.
· Add mild detergent.
· Soak a clean microfiber cloth in the mixture and wring dry.
· Blot the pillow with the cloth, paying more attention to stains.
· After blotting, place fresh towels on both sides of the pillow and press excess moisture out.
· Air dry flat and away from direct sunlight.
Now your pillows are fresh and ready to use! Or…be a rebel and wash in the machine and line dry
All Pillows except Latex
Check the care instructions, but regular pillows can be washed in the washing machine. Always wash two at a time to balance the washing machine. Then hang by two corners on the line to dry.
Love your Home and Inspire your Inner Neat!